New Baby on the Way? Prepping Cloth Diapers and Siblings.
Posted on August 29, 2010
- Changes such as moving to a big bed, moving bedrooms, or new childcare arrangements would be better done well before the new baby is born. You can expect some regression of already mastered skills, like potty training.
- Spend special time with your other child and remind visitors to pay attention to the sibling and not just the new baby. Include sibling in pictures and other activities.
- Ask for your child’s help and involve your child in baby’s care. Even very young children can help by getting a diaper for you, picking out clothes, or patting burps out of the babe.
- Try to let go of guilt. There is no way to give both children equal attention. Do the best you can and create a support network.
- Remember that one of your gifts to all of your children is the sibling relationship they will have with one another.
- Consider allowing your child to participate in the birth of your new baby, if they are comfortable doing so. Please be sure to have a special support person on call for your child, as they can be as unpredictable with their feelings and needs as the birth experience itself.
-Photo Credit to Ben GreyPrevious: Eucalan No Rinse Wool Wash