Ewwwww, no one wants a stinky room! Dirty diaper storage should most def not make your house stink like an outhouse.
There are two things
that you can do to virtually eliminate any lingering smell in your pail. It keeps the smell down, really cleans the diaper pail, it's quick and non-toxic.
The two part system involves using a diaper pail liner
(which many of you already use) AND giving your pail a quick wipe
every time you take the diapers out to launder them.
What do you need?
The How To:
- 1 diaper pail (any garbage can of sorts with a lid will do)
- 2 diaper pail liners
- Spray bottle filled with a 50% vinegar, 50% water solution - add some drops of essential oil if you don't like the smell of vinegar
- Cloth wipes
- Remove diaper pail liner bag #1 from diaper pail full of dirty diapers
- Spray down the inside of the diaper pail and lid with the vinegar and water solution
- Wipe down the inside of the diaper pail and lid with cloth wipe
- Toss cloth wipe in to the dirty diaper bag
- Line Diaper pail with fresh diaper pail liner
That's it. You're set for your next change and ready to throw the diapers in the wash. It was quick, easy and you have a fresh smelling, disinfected pail.
Happy (fast and easy) Cleaning!
Previous: Eucalan No Rinse Wool Wash